María Gabriela Becdach
Gabriela Becdach concentrates her professional practice in Administrative, Financial Law, Gender-Based Violence and women’s rights.
Gabriela worked for 13 years in the Superintendency of Banks, mainly in the banking, popular and solidarity sectors and the coactive collection.
For several years, she served in several public institutions in the fields of constitutional rights, communications, children and juvenile protection, and international cooperation.
She has been appointed by the Superintendency of Banks as a liquidator of provisional funds of public institutions.
Gabriela’s main experience includes:
- Analysis and regulatory development for the Presidency of the Republic of Ecuador and the Ministry of Justice, Human Rights and Cults.
- Supervision processes in the banking and popular and solidarity field.
- Supervision and follow-up of the coactive collection in the Superintendency of Banks.
- Participation in the creation and development of Ban Ecuador.
- Conducting administrative processes in areas of communication rights and children and juvenile protection.
- Negotiating bilateral agreements re international cooperation.
- Principal of coactive collection procedures.
- Instituto de Altos Estudios Nacionales, Master in Law with mention in Judicial Studies.
- Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja, lawyer, 2013.
- La Ley para el Fomento Productivo fortalece el arbitraje internacional en el
Ecuador, Revistra de arbitraje comercial y de inversiones, vol XI n°3, 2018.
- Ecuador flexibiliza sus reglas de arbitraje internacional para atraer inversiones, Revista de Arbitraje de la Comunidad Iberoamericana CIAR, October 2018.
- Derecho Internacional Privado, Capítulo Ecuador, with A. Galindo, 2018.
- Arbitraje internacional en el Ecuador y las condiciones de arbitrabilidad, Los 20 años de la Ley ecuatoriana del arbitraje, ICC, with A. Galindo, 2017.
- La conformité de l’investissement au droit national, condition de sa protection internationale, ICSID Review – Foreign Investments Law Journal, 2014.
- Cour de Cassation quashes decision that disregarded ICC rule on time limits to arbitrator challenges – 2 takeaways, International Arbitration Newsletter, DLA Piper, September 2014, con M. Ostrove y M. Desplats.
- International Bar Association
- American Society of International Law
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration
- American Bar Association